The Daifuku Airport & AGV Innovation Center, located in Novi, Michigan is a demonstration center for airport systems and Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs). This 25,250 sq. ft building also serves as a training facility for customers to learn how to operate and maintain AGVs.
This is the only facility of its kind in the U.S. where Daifuku airport systems and nine models of AGVs are on display, all of which are available for hands-on operation.
Visitors can experience a series of airport systems, from baggage check-in and security checks to baggage transport and storage. The facility is used by airlines and airport officials for tours, as well as for component testing and installation of systems at airports. It allows prospects, customers, and consultants to see functioning equipment without disrupting customer operations.
- Early Bag Storage Shuttle Rack System
- Baggage Tray System
- Security Screening Lane
- Mobile Inspection Table
- Self Bag Drop
Visitors can see our AGVs in operation following navigation paths. Tours are popular for people in the Manufacturing & Assembly and Warehouse & Distribution industries.
Many AGVs are on display, including these models with navigation and guidance:
- 4K-CF-L Counterbalance AGV w/ 4,000 lb capacity and Laser Navigation
- 8K-PJ-L Pallet Jack w/ 4,500 lb capacity and Laser Navigation
- 10K-T-L Tugger w/ 10,000 lb capacity and Laser Navigation
- 300-SC-M Conveyor Deck w/ 3,200 lb capacity and Magnetic Guidance
- 100-TT-M Tunnel/Tugger w/ 2,000 lb capacity and Magnetic Guidance
- 100-STR-M Short Tunnel/Tugger w/ 2,000 lb capacity and Magnetic Guidance
- 300-TTR-M Tunnel/Tugger w/ 4,500 lb capacity and Magnetic Guidance
- 250-AL-M Assembly Vehicle with Lift w/ 2,500 lb capacity and Magnetic Guidance
- 200-AL-M Assembly Vehicle with Lift (Narrow) w/ 2,500 lb capacity and Magnetic Guidance
This facility provides customers and engineers with training programs that focus on AGV installation, operation, and maintenance. The on-site AGVs and classrooms offer a perfect setting for students to run the equipment on test tracks and learn from experienced educators with in-depth knowledge of AGVs.
AGV Training Classes allow users to take control and maintain their systems. In the hands-on classes, students are taught about the features of each software tool. Course exercises allow for practice programming, modifying paths, and monitoring system/vehicle performance.
For more information about training or to schedule a class, send us an email by clicking the button below.
Tours of the Daifuku Airport & AGV Innovation Center
This facility is open by appointment to representatives from these industries: airports, airlines, consultants, manufacturers, distributors, installation subcontractors, and construction managers.
30100 Cabot Drive
Novi, MI 48377 USA
For more information about touring the facility, send us an email by clicking one of the buttons below.