Daifuku Group Quality Policy
The Daifuku Group will contribute to the creation of a sustainable society by engaging in sound business practices in accordance with our corporate creed, management philosophy, and Group Code of Conduct. We will strive to attain greater customer satisfaction and earn the trust of society by pursuing quality and safety in the products and services we provide.
We will ensure that all Group officers and employees are aware of this policy and work to assure the quality of our products and services.
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- We will comply with all applicable laws and regulations of each country and region governing our products and services, and we will respond appropriately to mandatory standards and norms.
- Building and operating a quality management system
- We will establish a quality management system by clearly defining procedures and setting targets for each process from product development and design to production, installation, and service. The effectiveness of the system will be continuously evaluated and improved.
- Collaborating with suppliers and business partners
- We will make every effort to ensure that our business partners, including contractors and suppliers, understand and implement this policy. By providing guidance and support to business partners as needed, we will strengthen our collaboration and work toward improving quality.
- Quality education and awareness
- We will provide educational and awareness-raising activities relating to the quality and safety of our products and services. We will also share information and expand our initiatives within the Group to further improve quality.
- Information disclosure and communication
- We will accurately and appropriately disclose information regarding the quality and safety of our products and services, and we will use stakeholder feedback for their improvement.
Established: August 31, 2023
In accordance with the ISO 9001 Quality Management System regulated by ISO (International Organization for Standardization), the pursuit of customer satisfaction is our fundamental policy and we guarantee the quality at every stage of planning, sales, design, manufacturing, installation and after-sales service.
We conduct quality management system initiatives based on top management reviews of the quality assurance system, which is linked with feedback from business operation management reviews that evaluate the achievements of each business operation and implement nonconformity corrective measures. In addition, as a companywide management review, the CEO evaluates and makes judgments on the necessity for changes in the quality management system by reviewing the progress made in achieving our product quality goals with the aim to strive for continuous improvements.
Quality management system certification
We promote ISO 9001 certification, the international standard for quality management systems, at all major production sites in Japan and overseas. All our production sites have obtained this certification.
|Production sites (consolidated)
|Number of certified locations among total
|Proportion of certified locations
Response to quality issues
Should a major accident occur with our product, we carry out cross-company measures that incorporate other departments according to the need for detailed accident information by other operational departments and to register the corrective measures taken in a database. Reporting procedures are set out in the ISO Corrective Action/Preventive Measures Procedural Guide. We are thorough in preventing the recurrence of accidents and carrying out preventive measures, and regularly implement a management review through the CEO to verify the suitability of the quality management system.
Number of serious accidents*related to product/system safetyKPI
|Number of serious accidents related to product/system safety
- *Accidents caused by the malfunction of our products or systems leading to death or serious illness/injury during operations (injury or illness require 30 days or more of treatment)
We conduct a risk assessment on all existing and newly-developed products to ensure their safe operation. Specifically, we conduct reviews during the design and development process and do advance checks for safety in accordance with the ISO Product Safety Evaluation Procedural Guide and the Development and Standardization Design Implementation Guide, stipulated in the ISO 9001 Management System. In addition, we also promote the training of young designers and the acquisition of external safety assessor* credentials. We also provide assistance to contractors in obtaining these credentials.
- *A person with the basic knowledge and capability required to confirm the adequacy of safety, as well as the ability to judge overall safety adequacy.
Number of employees who obtain safety assessor credentialsKPI
|Number of employees who obtain safety assessor credentials
Teamwork and improvement proposal activities
Daifuku places an emphasis on small group teamwork and improvement proposal activities, and we have made significant achievements by continuously conducting improvements at our work sites. There were 5,195 proposals for the improvement of operations, cost reduction, quality, safety, environment, and other matters made during fiscal 2022. The highlight of our small group activities is a presentation competition held once a year, attended by top management, for teams that passed the preliminary selection round. In fiscal 2022, the competition was held as a hybrid event, both in person an online using Microsoft Teams, and 11 teams selected from various divisions in Japan as well as global subsidiaries presented their activities and results.