Daifuku Eco-Products Certification Program
In November 2012, we began an in-house program to rate and certify the energy and environmental design of our own products.
This program is in line with Daifuku's Environmental Vision 2020, which states as a goal for the year 2020, "Developing and supplying environmentally friendly products and services that comply with our environmental standards." We rate every product manufactured within the Daifuku Group in terms of: energy saving, recyclable, lightweight, long life, resource saving, water conservation, low noise, Water pollution prevention, and harmful substance reduction. Products that meet a certain standard are certified as a Daifuku Eco-Product.
To obtain a valid and trustworthy rating from multiple perspectives, the screenings are done by the Eco-Product Committee, comprised of directors or chief operating officers from different operations.
Certified Eco-Products (Year)
Manufacturing & Distribution
- High-speed transport vehicle - Sorting Transfer Vehicle (2017)
- High-throughput picking station - Quick Pick Station (2017)
- Stacker crane - R-series S/R machine (2015, 2016)
- AS/RS - Seismic damper unit for rack (2016)
- Bolt-up Rack (2015)
- Mini load AS/RS - Shuttle Rack (2013, 2014)
- AS/RS for long objects (2014)
- Transport system - Motor Roller Conveyor (2013)
- Mini load AS/RS, R-F/N (2012)
- Green HID Inductive Wire 500 m (2017)
- Cleanroom Equipment - Mechanical Centering System (2016)
- Overhead monorail system - Clean Space Carrier (2013, 2015)
- Transport system - Cleanway (2014)
- Cleanroom transport/storage system - MMHS (MMHS: Matrix Material Handling System (2013)
- AS/RS - Clean Stocker (2012)
- Skillet conveyor with lifting device - Scissor lift (2017)
- Chainless conveyor System - Flexible Drive System (2016)
- Temporary storage and sortation system - SPDR (2015)
- Pallet-type conveyor system - Flexible Drive System (2014)
- Power assisting system - ECO POWER ASSIST (2013)
- Environmentally friendly paint system - E-DIP (2012)
Car wash machines and related products
- Continuous-operation car wash machine - Magic Thru (2017)
- Large-vehicle car wash machine - Camion Custom (2017)
- Drive-through car wash machine – Twinfect Feat (2016)
- Drive-through car wash machine – Twinthru Luke (2016)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Fabrica (2015)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Avante (2015)
- Gate-type car wash machine - Flare (2014)
- Gate-type car wash machine - Grossa (2014)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Twinfect Force (2013)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Twinthru Arteno (2013)
- Gate-type car wash machine - Euros (2013)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Granada (2012)
- Gate-type car wash machine - GSPECT (2012)
Electronic products (Contec Co., Ltd)
- M2M Controller CONPROSYS nano (2017)
- RS-232C communication unit (2017)
- FLEXLAN Series 8 port 10/100M Unmanaged Industrial Switching HUB (2016)
- SolarView Battery (Solar power generation data measurement and display device, SolarView Battery) (2016)
- CONPROSYS Series | Ether CAT Slave Module (2016)
- BOX-PC (2015)
- M2M Controller (2015)
- Solar power measurement display system - SolarView Compact (2014)
Certified Eco-Products (2017)
High-speed transport vehicle - Sorting Transfer Vehicle (STV-HA100A)
When combined with an automated warehouse system, the Sorting Transfer Vehicle forms an integrated transport system with high capability. A refined frame structure with fewer control boxes results in 9% lower weight, and the use of high-efficiency motors realizes a 10% reduction in electricity consumption and a 10% reduction in CO2 emissions and energy consumption compared to earlier models.
High-throughput picking station - Quick Pick Station (Trademark registration applied)
Designed mainly for continuous operation at delivery centers of the parcel delivery and mail order industry, this goods-to-person picking system ensures high-throughput of high-frequency items. While processing power is about twice as high as earlier models, the number of parts has been reduced by 59% and the weight by 31%. This results in a 9% reduction in electricity consumption, and a 21% reduction in CO2 emissions and energy consumption compared to earlier models.
Green HID Inductive Wire 500 m
This product expands the power supply range of the non-contact power supply system HID used in transport systems for semiconductor manufacturing cleanrooms. The improved power panel enables approximately 1.5 times the power supply capacity in terms of the length of the guide wire. Fewer panels are needed, and power consumption is reduced accordingly.
Skillet conveyor with lifting device - Scissor lift
This trolley lift system uses a newly developed drive unit. The weight of the lift mechanism is 45% lower than with earlier models, and power consumption is reduced accordingly. Simple construction means that 43% fewer parts are needed, thereby contributing to the conservation of resources.
Continuous-operation car wash machine - Magic Thru (Model: MT2260)
Our world-leading expertise in roller conveyor technology refined over the years ensures the industry’s highest throughput combined with outstanding washing and drying performance. In terms of environmental friendliness, we ensure significantly better corrosion and weather resistance by using highly corrosion-resistant galvanized steel sheets. The system consumes less power and water, and supports the use of environmentally safe liquids.
Large-vehicle car wash machine - Camion Custom (Model: CN8100)
The Camion Custom system features vehicle height sensors and optimized brush control to achieve an industry-leading washing time of only four minutes for a 10-ton truck. Improved operation convenience and quicker washing significantly reduce the load of the driver. The system consumes less power and water, and supports the use of environmentally safe liquids.
M2M Controller CONPROSYS nano (Model: CPSN-MCB271-S1-041)
The affordably priced terminal enhances system design flexibility by freely allowing configuration of the necessary signal input and output functions. This makes it easy to build a network-based remote monitoring system using a wide range of computers as a host. Simple construction and optimized functionality result in 52% lower weight, 35% lower power consumption, and 64% less packing material as compared to earlier models.
RS-232C communication unit (Model: COM-4CN-USB)
Rated for operation over a wide temperature range (-20℃ to +60℃), this USB connection unit makes it possible to add four serial ports to a computer. Optimized circuit design and more compact enclosure result in 47% lower volume, 38% lower weight, 55% lower power consumption, and 68% less packing material as compared to earlier models.
Life Cycle Assessment
From 2015, we have incorporated the life cycle assessment (LCA) as a analysis tool for desigining eco-friendly products. By comparing old and new products, we are able to further enhance our eco-friendly product designs.
Results of LCA conducted on the New Goodrack, a heavy load storage rack
Specifications of a standard representational model:
Results of LCA conducted on the New Goodrack, a heavy load storage rack Width (W): 2,500mm Depth (L): 1,100mm Height (H): 5,000mm Number of levels: 3 beam levels (maximum load: 2,000 kg/level） Connection: 10 spans
1. LCA computation scope
2. Impact assessment
We assessed the impact of six environmental issues according to product life cycle stages. We also compared the environmental impact of new and previous products.
Summary of impact assessment by product life-cycle stage
- Material manufacturing stage contribution exceeded 80% for global warming, ecotoxicity (terrestrial) and urban air pollution.
- Assembly stage largely contributed (around 60%) to waste disposal site exhaustion and water resource consumption.
- Within the computation conditions no clear impact was noticed towards ozone depletion.
- Transportation stage and disposal stage impact were minimal across all listed environmental issues.
Comparison with previous product (Global warming)
- Environmental impact reduction rate for new products was 7.4%.
- Decreasing the weight of trusses and beams was the main contribution to the reduction of environmental impact.
CO2 Reduction Contribution
Daifuku strives to decrease its carbon footprint by providing eco-friendly products and services.
The contribution towards reduced CO2 from our products and services is calculated by taking the amount of CO2 released and subtracting it from the amount released during fiscal 2005, which acts as the base year.