Daifuku Eco-Products Certification Program
In November 2012, we began an in-house program to rate and certify the energy and environmental design of our own products.
This program is in line with Daifuku's Environmental Vision 2020, which states as a goal for the year 2020, "Developing and supplying environmentally friendly products and services that comply with our environmental standards." We rate every product manufactured within the Daifuku Group in terms of: energy saving, recyclable, lightweight, long life, resource saving, water conservation, low noise, Water pollution prevention, and harmful substance reduction. Products that meet a certain standard are certified as a Daifuku Eco-Product.
To obtain a valid and trustworthy rating from multiple perspectives, the screenings are done by the Eco-Product Committee, comprised of directors or chief operating officers from different operations.
Certified Eco-Products (Year)
Manufacturing & Distribution
- Mini load AS/RS - Smart Stocker Quattro (2018)
- Mini load AS/RS - Shuttle Rack (SRS-M Double Deep) (2018)
- High-speed transport vehicle - Sorting Transfer Vehicle (2017)
- High-throughput picking station - Quick Pick Station (2017)
- Stacker crane - R-series S/R machine (2015, 2016)
- AS/RS - Seismic damper unit for rack (2016)
- Bolt-up Rack (2015)
- Mini load AS/RS - Shuttle Rack (2013, 2014)
- AS/RS for long objects (2014)
- Transport system - Motor Roller Conveyor (2013)
- Mini load AS/RS, R-F/N (2012)
- 10.5G FPD cassette transporting system (2018)
- Green HID Inductive Wire 500 m (2017)
- Cleanroom Equipment - Mechanical Centering System (2016)
- Overhead monorail system - Clean Space Carrier (2013, 2015)
- Transport system - Cleanway (2014)
- Cleanroom transport/storage system - MMHS (MMHS: Matrix Material Handling System (2013)
- AS/RS - Clean Stocker (2012)
- Tablet control panel for automotive production lines (2018)
- Skillet conveyor with lifting device - Scissor lift (2017)
- Chainless conveyor System - Flexible Drive System (2016)
- Temporary storage and sortation system - SPDR (2015)
- Pallet-type conveyor system - Flexible Drive System (2014)
- Power assisting system - ECO POWER ASSIST (2013)
- Environmentally friendly paint system - E-DIP (2012)
Car wash machines and related products
- Space-saving gate-type car wash machine - Zechs (2018)
- Continuous-operation car wash machine - Magic Thru (2017)
- Large-vehicle car wash machine - Camion Custom (2017)
- Drive-through car wash machine – Twinfect Feat (2016)
- Drive-through car wash machine – Twinthru Luke (2016)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Fabrica (2015)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Avante (2015)
- Gate-type car wash machine - Flare (2014)
- Gate-type car wash machine - Grossa (2014)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Twinfect Force (2013)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Twinthru Arteno (2013)
- Gate-type car wash machine - Euros (2013)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Granada (2012)
- Gate-type car wash machine - GSPECT (2012)
Electronic products (Contec Co., Ltd)
- Box computer (Model: BX-T1000) (2018)
- High-speed GPIB communication micro converter (Model: GPIB-FL2-USB) (2018)
- Factory automation computer (Model: VPC-700) (2018)
- M2M Controller CONPROSYS nano (2017)
- RS-232C communication unit (2017)
- FLEXLAN Series 8 port 10/100M Unmanaged Industrial Switching HUB (2016)
- SolarView Battery (Solar power generation data measurement and display device, SolarView Battery) (2016)
- CONPROSYS Series | Ether CAT Slave Module (2016)
- BOX-PC (2015)
- M2M Controller (2015)
- Solar power measurement display system - SolarView Compact (2014)
Certified Eco-Products (2018)
Mini load AS/RS - Smart Stocker Quattro
Smart Stocker Quattro is a high-throughput mini load AS/RS with a large storage capacity. An improved drive system enables fast acceleration and deceleration. By simultaneously transferring items with two independent vertical lifting transfer machines, the system has significantly improved capacity over conventional systems. In addition, the efficient operation of the two transfer machines reduces the number of crane operations per cycle. Power consumption has been reduced by 13% over conventional automated storage systems.
Mini load AS/RS - Shuttle Rack (SRS-M Double Deep)
Double-deep configurations have been added to this high-throughput AS/RS (certified in fiscal 2014) that has a shuttling vehicle positioned on each rack level. Loads can be stored double deep onto a shelf for improved storage efficiency. Compared to automated storage systems with a double-deep configuration that use stacker cranes, this system can reduce power consumption by approximately 85% per cycle.
10.5G FPD cassette transporting system
This system transports glass cassettes in 10.5G flat panel display (FPD) production lines. The structure of the conventional model was overhauled, and the number of parts was reduced by 10% while maintaining performance, the weight was reduced by 17%, power consumption was reduced by 28% and CO2 emissions were reduced by 27%. In addition, by changing the rail construction, the turnaround time was reduced as was the environmental impact during installation.
Tablet control panel for automotive production lines
A tablet computer-type control panel for automobile production line transport systems has been added to the product lineup. The tablets, which allow both monitoring and operational control, are only 1/6 the size and 1/3 the weight of fixed control panels and use 70% less energy.
Space-saving gate-type car wash machine - Zechs
The Zechs adds a sixth brush, front side brush, which targets the rear and rear sides of the vehicle, reducing the distance the brushes needs to move. By reducing materials compared to conventional models and eliminating the need for a transport track, we achieved a CO2 emissions reduction of 15% and an energy consumption reduction of 14%.
Box computer (Model: BX-T1000)
This compact box computer uses the 7th generation Intel® Core™ processor series for high processing capacity. The parts and circuit configuration have been overhauled for thorough energy savings, and the casing was redesigned from the ground up for a power consumption reduction of 27% and a design that is 26% lighter.
High-speed GPIB communication micro converter (Model: GPIB-FL2-USB)
This micro converter has a 2KB transmission/reception buffer memory that reduces the CPU load and converts a USB port on a computer to a GPIB communication port conforming to IEEE 488.2. Optimized circuit design and component materials result in a 13% lower power consumption and 13% fewer parts compared to earlier models.
Factory automation computer (Model: VPC-700)
This compact, high-performance factory automation computer uses the 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processor series. The CPU capacity has been boosted 1.8 times, and the product specifications and structure were redesigned for a power consumption reduction of 7% and a design that is 23% lighter compared to earlier models.
Life Cycle Assessment
From 2015, we have incorporated the life cycle assessment (LCA) as a analysis tool for desigining eco-friendly products. By comparing old and new products, we are able to further enhance our eco-friendly product designs.
Results of LCA conducted on the New Goodrack, a heavy load storage rack
Specifications of a standard representational model:
Results of LCA conducted on the New Goodrack, a heavy load storage rack Width (W): 2,500mm Depth (L): 1,100mm Height (H): 5,000mm Number of levels: 3 beam levels (maximum load: 2,000 kg/level） Connection: 10 spans
1. LCA computation scope
2. Impact assessment
We assessed the impact of six environmental issues according to product life cycle stages. We also compared the environmental impact of new and previous products.
Summary of impact assessment by product life-cycle stage
- Material manufacturing stage contribution exceeded 80% for global warming, ecotoxicity (terrestrial) and urban air pollution.
- Assembly stage largely contributed (around 60%) to waste disposal site exhaustion and water resource consumption.
- Within the computation conditions no clear impact was noticed towards ozone depletion.
- Transportation stage and disposal stage impact were minimal across all listed environmental issues.
Comparison with previous product (Global warming)
- Environmental impact reduction rate for new products was 7.4%.
- Decreasing the weight of trusses and beams was the main contribution to the reduction of environmental impact.
CO2 Reduction Contribution
Daifuku strives to decrease its carbon footprint by providing eco-friendly products and services.
The contribution towards reduced CO2 from our products and services is calculated by taking the amount of CO2 released and subtracting it from the amount released during fiscal 2005, which acts as the base year.