The supply and install of a store fulfilment sortation system
Target Australia Pty Ltd is one of Australia's leading retailers offering its customers a diverse range of products, including clothing, footwear, cosmetics, homewares, electrical appliances, and a full range of toys, games, and entertainment.
Established in 1926, Target now services communities across the nation, with stores conveniently located in metropolitan and regional areas.
The completed Melbourne facility was the first of three new regional distribution centers, designed to enhance Target's delivery network. Daifuku Oceania was selected as the material handling automation provider for all three sites.
- Cross belt sorter to receive international and domestic products for sorting direct to store and onsite inventory replenishment stock
- Telescopic conveyors for unloading of inbound containers
- Design unique chutes to accumulate product by store to provide space savings within the facility that can then be used for other tasks
- Sym3 3D SCADA provides live parcel tracking to allow complete visibility of all products when on the system
- Automatic Guided Vehicles to collect pallets and transport to the automated pallet wrapper where the pallets are wrapped and labelled automatically
Capable of sorting product at 9,000 items per hour in addition to capturing the weight and dimensions of all products as it enters the sorting system, the solution not only provides Target's operations with fast and efficient operational outcomes, it offers a complete traceable solution for all items processed within the facility.