History

1937

Founded as Sakaguchi Kikai Seisakusho Ltd.

With 300,000 yen in capital and a staff of 150, the company built a factory in Owada-cho, Nishiyodogawa-ku in Osaka, Japan. Manufactured forge rolling machinery for ironworks and construction. Set forth plans to expanded operations into manufacturing cranes and crane ships.

Forge rolling machine (shearing machine) The tower crane delivered to Nippon Express Co., Ltd.

The tower crane delivered to Nippon Express Co., Ltd.

1944

Changes Company Name, Sakaguchi Kikai Seisakusho to Kanematsu Kiko

1946

Manufactures Small Pulverizer

To remain in business after World War II, the company manufactured cereal grinding machines, ice shavers, and movie theater seats.

1947

Changes Company Name, Kanematsu Kiko to Daifuku Machinery Works Co., Ltd.

The origin of the name came from the Chinese character Dai, which relates to the city of Osaka and Fuku from Fukuchiyama, the city of another factory location. Began manufacturing the Stacker.

1948

Begins Production of the Piler and the Slatveyor

The Piler used in a port logistics

The Piler used in a port logistics